- 5 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 oranges
- Young Living Orange Oil
- Young Living Lavender Oil
- Preheat the oven to 275° F.
- Heat the milk and cream to just below boiling point, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. After being brought almost to the boil, remove and set aside to cool for ten minutes.
- While milk is heating, put 5 large eggs and 2 egg yolks in a bowl and whisk.
- In the middle of whisking the eggs, add the sugar into them and continue whisking.
- Squeeze the oranges until you have 1 cup of fresh orange juice.
- Add a pinch of salt to the freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Add 7 drops of Young Living Orange Oil to the juice. (If you want a stronger flavor, you can go up to 15 drops.)
- Once the milk and cream mixture has had time to slightly cool, whisk it into the eggs.
- Add 4 drops of Young Living Lavender Oil to the milk-egg mixture.
- Mix the orange juice into the milk-egg mixture.
- Poured everything into a large ceramic dish, and then cover with aluminum foil.
- Once in the oven, let the custard bake for around 45 minutes until set but still slightly wobbly in the center.
- After the custard has cooked and cooled, refrigerate overnight or at least half a day.
Tip: when serving and eating this dish, diffuse orange and lavender oil in the room.